Peugeot 406 HDI Y Reg

Anyone know what it should cost for a new cam belt to be fitted?

Reply to
mustique

Mine cost me £240 but that included a new water pump, I wasn't reall happy with that because i don't know whether they changed the rollers, this is recommended. I feel that if I had shopped around I may have got it done a little cheaper although I believe it took the mechanic five hours to do. Please post if you resolve your fuel gauge problem, I had yet another problem yesterday, the remote locking packed up and then restored itself, am losing faith in Peugeot wiring!!

Reply to
terb

Treb that is a good price and it would take the best part of a day to fit the belt. Mine cost a similar price for a V6

Reply to
Johny H

"" wrote: > Treb that is a good price and it would take the best part of a > day to fit > the belt. Mine cost a similar price for a V6

thats a good price u are suposed to change the tensioner and guide wheel and i hop he tensioned it properly if its 2 tight thats what damages the high presure punp bearings

Reply to
marki