Philips radio wiring?

Just had a disaster fitting the radio from my 2001 306 to my wife's M reg 106!

Kept blowing a 5A sidelight fuse. Quick call to a local car electric shop and he said to disconnect the radio and see what happens. With radio disconnected all works fine! Seems this radio has a backlight but it's not on the standard ISO pin?

I've also had to reverse the permanent and switched feeds to get it to remember the code etc.

It's all working now with the light feed disconnected to the radio. Anyone know the wiring for a Phillips 22RC200/65 radio? Which pin on the rear of the radio does the sidelight feed to?

TIA

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

Len, sound more like grounding problem then the light problem. Where is your 'black' wire feed to? if it goes to some black wire that supose to be the ground then remove that and try feeding it straight to the chasis screw see if that will solve it. cheers

-huu

Reply to
voxDEI