Poor preformance

I currently drive a peugeot 406 TD 1997 the car appears to me to have poor proformance and i am not sure what could be wrong with it as i am no machanic. Does anyone no of regular faultsw on these cars that effect preformance it has covered 160 thousand miles

Reply to
eurika

Check all your filters.sounds like air filter blocked.or could be dirty injectors.

Reply to
Chris

As Haynes says.Excessive fuel consumption.---- Air filter element dirty or clogged. Preheating system fault. Incorrectly adjusted idle speed. Incorrect fuel injection pump timing. Brakes binding. Tyres under-inflated. hope some of this helps, if not give your main dealer a ring.

Reply to
Chris

Have you just bought the car and think it's underpowered or was it more powerful before?

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Hi,

No influence on fuel consumption, just makes startup more difficult, if not impossible. Once started, no effect. I'd add one : cracked intercooler pipe ?

Regards, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Reply to