Radio Problems

Car 1998 Vx Corsa - Old Shape.

A few years ago the original radio was FUBAR - okay I dropped it while changing the dash bulbs...

So I replaced it with a crappy old Sony head unit I had in the drawer, recently this went on the blink too, so I purchased a Vauxhall/Phillips CAR-400 Head unit from ebay.

Been delivered no probs... installed it.. Clipped the connectors back into the cage, slid the radio in, the display said SAFE...

So I did the POWER ON+AS .... Entered Code... AS long press .... on off routine.

With various boops and bleeps...

Now when I come to use the radio it is only playing through the left channel (nearside front), twiddling the balance button left produced no greater volume from the left speaker.

While the Right remained and remains even when twiddled all the way right very quiet/dead.

If I Re-install the old Sony unit the balance is fine plays through both front speakers ( no rears installed).

Furthermore when turned on the centre display in the LCD thingy clears from the date, but doesn't give any output from the radio I.e. Station/Frequency.

Any ideas or clues

TIA

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

You've wired it up wrong, or the wiring differs from that of your car? I'd try switching some of the wires around in the back see what you get.

Reply to
Joe

The unit I purchased was the standard unit for the car, connected via the standard (fitted) multi-plug.

It seems odd that the display will work for the entering of the code and not for anything else.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton