Re: 306TDLX Starting Problem

Are you sure that the heater plugs are working? Put a meter from ground to the plug supply. Before you start it in a morning, pump the bulb on the drivers side engine mount. It should go solid within one pump. If not then you have an air leak.

Reply to
yeha

Mine used to smoke because one of the oil pipes on the engine were blocked (and it was blocked inside the engine)..but I had an older engine... I know this is unlikely on your younger car....but its a suggestion

I've had my 306 from 10 months old and 22,000 miles. It is a 1997 turbo > diesil that tends to smoke on start up and excelleration. > My problem is this; despite regular servicing and a new set of glow plugs > approx 10,000 ago, the car has a bad starting problem - can take up to a > minute of continually turning engine over before it starts and bellows out a > cloud of smoke. > Has anyone experienced similar ? > Would appreciate advise. > Regards Jonny. > >
Reply to
Bloke