Re: 405GR 4x4 Speedo

Hello,

I e-mailed Peugeot, they responded in less than 12 hours with "speak to you > local dealer".

Ouh... It could also be something like "car too old, we have no information about this car anymore" - it took them 1 week to answer that (question about brakes specs on a '91 205 DTurbo).

I spoke to the local dealer "they don't know" and suggested I speak to > Peugeot!

That is a classical answer, coming from a dealer - you could have had the same with T16s :-) Well, could you try with speeds for 1,000 RPM ? Unfortunately, I doubt there was a Haynes covering x4 series. I got no book reference for x4s. You *may* find this by trying to get in touch with Dangel - although I think the x4s were developped directly by Peugeot, and not by Dangel, else there may be a "4x4 Dangel" plate somewhere on the car. Try

or just type "Dangel" with Google for example - or 405 x4 specs too. Just a thought.

P.S. I bought it second hand, there wasn't any books with it :-(

Snip. Diff ratios might be written somewhere into the books. My mum's got a '88 405, but I can't help you as the x4 series were released far later ('91, IIRC).

Regards, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr snipped-for-privacy@ironmaiden.com

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Take two or three persons to help you and measure how many revolutions (just count them...) the crankshaft does in first gear when you push your car so that the wheels turn exactly 10times (mark a spot with chalk). Then calculate the ratio. Might be a lot of work, but it sounds so hard to get any information about

4x4s, so it might be worth a try.

Tobi

Reply to
Tobias Meyer