Vibration

I recently had the shocks and rear stabilizers changed on my car (yesterday). Since then, there has been a terrible sideways "wobble" on the car during acceleration. The harder I accelerate, the more pronounced it is. Car is a 99 406V6, 114K miles on the clock. I live in Ireland, where dealer servicing is a problem for me (and it isn't worth it on a worthless car), and I had it back at the local garage today, but they could find nothing wrong. The side to side wiggle is more noticeable through the body of the car, can't really feel it through the wheel. Sometimes there when coasting along in gear, but far less pronounced than acceleration in 3 4 5th. No sensation through the brake pedal (although I also has the pads done). I expected initially a loose road wheel, but unfortunately it isn't that simple.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received,

Ian McLeish

Reply to
Ian McLeish

if its just happened since the shocks etc were fitted then check they have been fitted correctly, although it could be pure coincidence that this problem occured at the same time. it may be something to do with your clutch, is it worse when you are changing gear or when accelerating while releasing the clutch? it could be a warped or distorted flywheel or pressure plate.

Reply to
steve