Where are the plugs?

i feel a flame coming on..............

Reply to
SimonDS

speak for yourself monkey boy..............actually fitters are resigned to working at Kwik-Fit so they don't come into the equasion, years ago we were all mechanics, and some might say still are, however there were also DIY mechanics at that time, doing the same job, just taking longer to do it, but most car owners were encouraged to at least know a little about their vehicles, and change oil or a basic service on a sunday morning, so back then anyone who did some kind of job on a car could label themselves as a mechanic of one sort or another wether skilled or semi skilled, the word technician come to be simply because what we have to do nowadays is rather more technical than perhaps it used to be, and the same for every other trade out there. but personally if you want to label us monkeys then go right ahead and do so. when your car breaks down you will have to ask a monkey really nicely to repair it, unless you want to do it yourself, in which case you will soon find out that either your a monkey yourself, or you've labeled us all wrong........... just in case you wondered, that was a long winded way of saying "kiss my arse"

Reply to
steve

LOL Im an Ex-Grease Monkey and quite proud of it. Now moved to the Show room with a nice desk, PC, and Suit. Oh and nice clean fingernails, and I earn more then you. But we still refer to the Boys out back as Monkeys. :-)

Reply to
Mark

Hmmmm, I wonder what they call you???

Reply to
Nigel

is that so? and your basing this on what? the average mechanic / technicians annual earnings? i wouldn't make too many bets if i were you, i'm a mechanic because i love my job, i'm good at my job, and i would lay money down that i earn double your income. i have a better than average salary, plus i work for myself evenings and weekends. i may do more hours than you granted, but i wouldnt do it if i didnt enjoy it. you know yourself being an "ex grease monkey" the kind of money i can earn for myself doing servicing, cambelts, brakes etc all behind the taxmans back....so lets not go there. BTW we all have suits pc's and nail clippers, maybe you just didnt bother to clean your hands while you were out back ???

Reply to
steve