2002 Bonneville SLE

I plan on taking a closer look at (2) 2002 Bonneville SLEs later today. Both appeared to be extremely clean on the exterior, maroon in color, leather interiors look good, etc. One has 42k miles , advertised on the internet for $13,975 and the other 30k miles, advertised for $16,995. The latter is a GM certified car with a few more options. I stopped by both dealer locations last night and was surprised to see they both closed at

6pm. On a Friday night? Oh well, at least the vultures were not swarming around me before I got out of my own car.

Have not test driven either car as of yet. Anyone with some pointers to be on the watch for with this model. Were the 3.8s over the leaking intake manifold gasket issue in 2002? I did read a few reviews on Edmunds about water leakage on the Bonneville, I am assuming into the interior of the car, but no specifics were given. Anyone with a heads-up on this issue?

Gary

Reply to
Gary Picha

Check the feel of the steering wheel at low speeds. The magnasteer is problematic. I had it replaced on my 2000 SSEi. I'm not sure if they made improvements since 2000 or not. The wheel has some obvious "bumps" as it turns if the system is ready to go belly-up.

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Gary, look for water leaks in the front doors & the trunk. Visit the Bonneville Club Forums web site. You will find a wealth of information there.

Reply to
markwb

"markwb" wrote in news:tGNad.8811$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:

Have an addy for those handy?