2002 Grand Prix GTP...HELP!!!

I have a question that I need help with. I have a 2002 GTP with 18,000 miles. I was driving to work and the service engine soon light came on. My oil was at

6%. I changed the oil (I did not get a change oil soon light yet) and checked all the fluids. Nothing wrong noted. I do have an aftermarket exhaust, which was put on in Feb of this year. I have a high flow cat, resonator and U-bend replaced with straight pipe, and 2 flowmasters. The exhaust is 6 months old...would there be something with the O2 sensor causing this? A buddy at work got a light on his truck after about 10 months of a custom exhaust also. I'm at a loss at what to look at

Thanks George Tampa Fl

Reply to
Nascar24Rulz

Without knowing what codes were set, it would be difficult to say what could be wrong. Could be any one or more of about 1400 things. Get the codes and post them here.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

I had the code read and cleared at the dealre today. They told me that the code was because I have an aftermarket cat converter/exhaust. Does that sound right? If so, how do i go about fixing it?...a reprogrammed PCM? Please read the following which was my original post..>>> I have a question that I need help with. I have a 2002 GTP with 18,000 miles. I was driving to work and the service engine soon light came on. My oil was at

6%. I changed the oil (I did not get a change oil soon light yet) and checked all the fluids. Nothing wrong noted. I do have an aftermarket exhaust, which was put on in Feb of this year. I have a high flow cat, resonator and U-bend replaced with straight pipe, and 2 flowmasters. The exhaust is 6 months old...would there be something with the O2 sensor causing this? A buddy at work got a light on his truck after about 10 months of a custom exhaust also. I'm at a loss at what to look at

Thanks George Tampa Fl

Reply to
GT Grand Prix 00

(original post snipped) It could be related but then again maybe not. Maybe your gas cap was loose. Without the codes it could be any of several hundred things. Get the codes and post them here.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

No idea, depends what the code(s) was/were.

Again?

No way to tell from here, I'd need to SEE the exhaust and the scan tool data.

exhaust also.

That's a handy coincidence. What codes did he have?

I REPEAT: A scan tool. Why aren't you under warranty? 18K on 2002 is under warranty. Is your exhaust illegal?

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

The gas cap was not loose. They didn't tell me what the codes were. The exhaust is not illegal...just aftermarket

Reply to
Nascar24Rulz