GM Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Supercharger Belt Replacement Guide

My serpentine belt shredded itself a few days ago. Since the supercharger belt has to be removed to work with the serpentine belt, I replaced it as well.

I took pictures of the process and wrote up a quick guide.

Here's the gallery -

I'll be posting the serpentine belt and idler/tensioner pulley replacement guides soon.

Cheers, Paul Michaels Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Reply to
Paul Michaels

Nicely done, and I am sure appreciated by all.

Reply to
hls

How many miles were on the belt?

At one time I had three used belts in the trunk of my Pontiac, just in case I lost one on the road. At that time I was driving close to 30,000 miles a year. I would rotate them every year or so rather than buy a new one. It's a 90 second job to change the belt on this Bonneville. One of the belts ( which was belt #2 from 1994) I estimated to have close to

200,000 miles on it, before I retired that one. It had all the usual little cracks, but no chunks missing. I've never had a belt shred or snap in half.

My Buick has 92,000 on the original belt, I have a new one and a new belt tensioner too.... waiting to get time to put both on, as the tensioner swing arm is siezed up and won't move to allow the belt to be slipped off. Great parts they make now a days! HA!

harryface

91 Bonneville 320,204 05 Park Avenue 92,153
Reply to
Harry Face