94 gran prix

i just bought the car and the radio is locked and no one knows the code to unlock! was told it would cost like $80 if i take to pontiac. any other ideas? thanks

Reply to
sput

Ask the person you bought it from. The radio doesn't just "lock" itself. The battery has to be unhooked for that to happen, AND the theftlock has to be activated by someone.

Reply to
80 Knight

Just drive up to a Pontiac dealer and talk to someone in the service department...... It's really no big deal for them to help you out......THEY press a few buttons on the radio...read a certain number....phone a 1-800 number and get a new code to unlock it....

I've had this done serveral times (because the battery was disconnected and I forgot my password after many years....

Goodluck..

Rick

Reply to
rkelc