96 grand am se "engine seized???"

Hi, I have a 96 grand am se. today the check engine light started to blink and the car began to lose power. The engine shakes the car everytime we start her up. When we put her into gear is makes a god aweful moise and shakes even more. I dare not drive it for fear of making the damage worse.......Any clue what this could be??? Please tell me it's not to serious...........

thanks, brooke

Reply to
Brooke of Shadows

Hi, I have a 96 grand am se. today the check engine light started to blink and the car began to lose power. The engine shakes the car everytime we start her up. When we put her into gear is makes a god aweful moise and shakes even more. I dare not drive it for fear of making the damage worse.......Any clue what this could be??? Please tell me it's not to serious...........

thanks, brooke

Reply to
Tj

Is it the quad four motor? Quad four's have a plate you have to take off, not sure what its called. Won't have any plug wires or a distributor.

Reply to
blah

IDI Cover. 4 bolts on top, one or two holding the fuel line in place at the right, one holding something else at the back. PUll up, rocking it gently.

Reply to
Mark Keeling