A/C condenser dripping water

Just had this '95 Grand Prix a few days, and after highway trip in the humid Texas heat yesterday with the A/C on, the passenger side floorboard was awash. Had to use a wet vac.

After a short trip around town today I could see water droplets hanging off part of the fan assembly.

I've looked for a drain hose that might be plugged, but could not find one. Can anyone tell me where this might be and how to check it?

Reply to
Karl

Sounds like the drain is clogged up. It should be in the firewall slightly right of center and about 2/3 of the way down. You could try cleaning it by sticking something up the hose. Don't stick it through the evaporator though. Odds are the housing will have to come off.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

had same thing happen and it was the drain tube. after i let it drain i took some vasoline and lubed it up so that it would not stick closed again.

Reply to
babyspiel

Could you please give me some specific information on what you did, and how you accessed the tube? What was it that was sticking closed? I just got this car and really have not become familiar with it's mechanical bits and pieces yet. It's much more tightly packed than my old Dakota!

I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Reply to
Karl

I found some info on a different model which gave me a clue: I found a small elbow near the bottom of the firewall, hard to see and reach because of the engine. But when I pulled it off, water came gushing out. The elbow was plugged with gunk. Problem solved, I hope.

Reply to
Karl