Adjusting headlight ? re 2001 Grand Am

Quick question. Of the two star headed screws (one on left and one on right) for adjusting the driver's side headlight, which one changes the vertical? Bonus points if you can tell me which way I need to turn it to get the light to aim more downward. Right now, the light is pointing up too much and not hitting the road. Thanks. If you know, give your answer assuming I have the hood open and i am facing the engine compartment.

Reply to
keenepaps20

Shep

verticle adjuster is the screw closer to center of the headlight and i believe counter clock wise will adjust it downward.

Reply to
MrGoodwrench

does your answer contradict Shep's answer as far as which screw or do you think the outer screw is the one closer to center of headlight?

MrGoodwrench wrote:

Reply to
keenepaps20

typically speaking, a screw above a headlight will raise and lower it. But it's such a simple thing I can't imagine that within two minutes you wouldn't figure it out. Just park the car on a flat surface with a wall in front of it, and watch the center mark of the light on the wall move. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh