Chev vs. Pontiac

Hey there,

I have a 56 Pontiac and wondered if anyone out there can tell me if there are any major differences between the front ends of them. Specifically, there are lot's of disc brake conversion kits listed around for Chevs, but not for Pontiac.

I'm doing some serious engine work on my 56 and would love to put discs on it without having to graft a whole front-end into the frame.

Thanks

Reply to
David Turney

On a Canadian Pontiac, everything is identical. Can't speak for American.

Reply to
clare

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't completely identical. If you remember, they decided to modify it and call it "wide track" but that was in 1959. And even then, there's no reason to think they didn't use the same spindles as a Chevy.

The people who manufacture such things should know, but I've found out the hard way that sometimes they don't.

Reply to
Joe

Yes, I've found out the hard way myself - expensive proposition when in another country.

Reply to
David Turney