Chimes on a 2002 GrandAm

Just purchased a 2002 GrandAm with no owner's manual. Whenever I start to drive I get 4 distinct chimes. Not for seatbelts. Are these normal and or what do they mean?

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
Brass Balls

Jim,

You can view and/or download a PDF copy of the owners manual from GM here (requires registering with the site):

Just purchased a 2002 GrandAm with no owner's manual. Whenever I start

Reply to
Weird

Do any of your dash lights come on? Check Oil, Service Engine, Low Coolant, anything? That is usually the cause. Or, check your emergency brake. If it's not totally off, the car will chime when being driven. My sisters '03 Grand Am does the same thing, as does my '96 Bonnie.

Reply to
80 Knight

The 'Service Vehicle Soon' light intermittently comes on. I hope that it is related to a headlight being burned out which I plan on replacing this weekend. Initial fast reading of the owner's manual didn't say what all causes this to come on in addition to the headlight out problem. Could the chimes be a x-ref to what is causing the service vehicle to come on?

Jim

Reply to
Brass Balls

I honestly don't know if a blown headlight would cause the 'Service Vehicle Soon' light to come on, but if that light does come on, you should get the car checked out. If memory serves, your car doesn't chime with that light comes on, but I don't drive my sisters that often, and that light on her's has only been on once.

Reply to
80 Knight

I've got an '01 Grand Am & anytime any of the dashlights come so does the chime. A blown headlight does cause the service vehicle soon light to come on too.Once the bulb is changed it will reset itself.

Ed

Reply to
M1072