firebird does not start

I have a 1997 Pontiac Firebird engine turnover but does not start. I open the commoturer cylinder switch and the is no juice, dashboard gages doesnt show up. Checked fuses but no power on ecm, ignition switch has no power at all, only head lights and radio work. The commoturer cylinder switch key has like a microchip. My question is: Do i need to change the commoturer ignition switch or just the key?

Reply to
alal