GP Starter Problem

Hi,

I am having a problem with the starter in my 94 GP 3.1. Sometimes when I try turn the engine over all I hear is a single "click" noise and the starter does not spin at all. Sometimes it will take 3-4 attempts before it will actually turn and start the engine.

I had this problem before and figured it was a problem with the starter, so I replaced it with an old starter from a 3.1 at the junkyard. The one I have now has worked fine, but recently it has started to do it more and more.

Is this a problem with the starter? or is it something else?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
Snowbelt

could be the brushes in the starter are worn down.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~273,304 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

It could possibly be the battery, or battery connections. Check all & clean or replace as necessary. This is the time of year when weak batteries & connections begin to manifest themselves.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE
Reply to
markwb