keyless entry receiver, where is it??

I picked up a used 2001 pontiac grand am, and based on the options code on the spare tire cover, the vehicle was built with the keyless entry option installed at the factory.

I called a local dealer, and apparently there are two types of keyless entry systems for the 01. One has the receiver located in the rear deck, the other has the receiver located in the dash somewhere. It makes a difference in the type of key fob to purchase I guess.

Can anyone help me determine which system I have, or point out where to look more closely? The more details the better....

thanks.

Reply to
Grand Jeep

found a few by searching on google, can't remember the URL though. Easiest way is to call your local GM dealer and give them the VIN, they'll be able to pull the car up on their computer and tell you exactly what was installed at the factory.

Reply to
Grand Jeep