Portable outdoor lift options?

I have some repairs to make to the fuel tank and power steering rack on my '97 Bonneville. Neither of these are things that I care to try repairing on jack stands, so I've been looking at inexpensive lift options. I've seen a few four-post lifts for around $1600 (intended primarily for stacked vehicle storage), but they are extremely heavy-- not something I could move around easily on a paved driveway.

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive lift that I can use outdoors on a paved driveway, and fairly easily take apart for storage when not in use? I really only need a couple feet of clearance, although it would be nice to at least be able to kneel under the vehicle. I don't need access to the tires or wheels, so a simple drive-on platform is fine. Prefer to keep it under $1000, but willing to spend a little more if I have to.

Thanks

Reply to
Capt. Skinny

A friend of mine uses 2 pallet stackers (push fork lifts). For small cars he odten uses just one (like the MG TD)

Reply to
clare

Reply to
Erness Wild

Not a bad idea, I'll look into it.

Thanks.

Reply to
Capt. Skinny

The thought crossed my mind (and the cost is definitely right), but I unfortunately I don't own the place. And the only space I have is the driveway, so I'd have to tear up the pavement.

Thanks for the reply.

Reply to
Capt. Skinny