Programming New Keys - ERGGGG

Greetings

I had to get a new lock cylinder for my 2003 Grand Prix GT. They told me to get new keys, so I went to the dealer and they said $63 mfken dollars each. I said thanks but no thanks. I got 2 keys at another place, and I tried to program them but it's not working like it should. I followed the instructions: start the car with the old key, take it out and quickly put in the new one, and turn key to start until the security light goes out.

The key will work if I start it right away, but if I wait, the car shuts off after a few secs. Any hints?

Thanks in advance. This is always a helpful group!

Reply to
mister_macphisto

This makes no sense. A new lock cylinder comes with keys GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Geez...that $63 a key is looking cheaper all the time, eh?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai