R Brakes, Wheel Cyl & leaks.

Well I thought we were going to do rear brakes tonight. My goodrwench friend discovered he didn't have the inverted Torx sockets to remove the bolts out of the wheel cylinders. I guess a 1/4 socket works, as does vise grips. The right side one was leaking but I bought bothsides.

The Dura Stop shoes ended up being the wrong ones. So he cleaned up my old shoes with brakleen and reinstalled. Lot of material left on them. Retrun the new ones for a refund. No more noises & good braking once again.

I pointed out where antifreeze was seeping down the passengerside of the engine. He pointed out the freeze plug in the side of the ( front ) head that is more than likely the culprit.

Then I pointed out the puddles of antifreeze in the rubber saddles my 11

1/2 month old SBI Radiator sits in. Hope there is a 1 year warranty on the radiator. It appears both tanks have a small leak at the pinch seams.

What next !?

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~298,239 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Harry Harry Harry-

You might consider getting a newer bonnie. I hear they have 7 or 9 way seats now-a-days

Reply to
clevere

Cleever,

It be nice if I liked the newer Bonnevilles, but I don't. Lacking in headroom IMO.

Oh well, the Chicago Auto Show rolls into town Feb 11-20th, I'll be looking at lots of cars and trucks soon.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~298,316 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face