Re: Should I have to pay for this?

I took my 99 Sunfire in to get my oil changed, my tire pressure

> adjusted and my coolant flushed & refilled. After the coolant was > refilled, one of my spark plugs shot out of the car and exploded. I > think it did this becuase the mechanic didn?t have my car running when > he drained the coolant and after he refilled it and started the engine > to circulate it, an air bubble caused the explosion. I am now being > charged extra for new spark plugs (because they claim they can?t > replace only one) and new wires. Theexplosion actually stripped the > inside of where you screw the spark plug in so I am also being charged > for a Healy Spring Kit to try and get the spark plug to stay secure. > If that doesn?t work, the whole engine head has to be replaces.

I can't believe you guys......... this is the first troll of spring.......

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 706 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try

for free now!

Reply to
markansas859

That's possible.....but it's exactly how about 5% of all the customers that I've run into in the last 25 years think. Typical attitude of our society in the last half century....it's gotta be someone else's fault.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Sounds like it's your attitude too. Ever fess up to mistakes you make when you work on cars? Or has your work always been flawless?

Reply to
zmike6

No, it's not even close to being flawless. And yes, though I have no way of proving it to you....I'm quite happy to confess my mistakes. I do it all the time at work, and move on. I try to do it here when I catch myself making a mistake. I try not to make mistakes here...I think that it is a dis-service to people who are attempting to get good information....to just spout off about stuff that I either am not familiar with, or I haven't taken the time to research.

The difference is that the specific topic we are on right now.....could not possibly be connected to whatever the shop did to the owners car. But the customer is determined that someone else should pay for his car's problems. I don't agree.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai