yokohama tires at Tires Plus

Hi,

I got a quote on Yokohama Avid Touring from the website of TIres Plus, and the unit price is $57. But when I wen to a local Tires Plus store, they said the price is $75. Is it normal to have so much difference?

Thanks a lot!

Zhi

Reply to
zhi

The local store is probably adding mounting, balancing, taxes, and old tire removal fees.

Reply to
badgolferman

Reply to
johngdole

No, $75 is the unit price they asked for. Other fees for changing 4 tires would end up another $100 before tax. I don't know why they have so much difference between the actual price and the quote from THEIR website...

Reply to
zhi

Discount Tire sell that tire for $75 plus mounting fee. The Tires Plus website probably just has the incorrect price due a data entry transposition error.

Reply to
Mark A

Bring in a printout of the Internet price and talk to the store mamanger to see if they'll do any better for you. In my case they matched the tire price, and included installation which resulting in a lower net cost - also avoided having to pay shipping, and they were installed same day.

Reply to
Daniel

Mark A =E5=86=99=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

What I found from discount tire is still $57 ....

zhi

It depends on the tire size. For a 205 65R 15, it is $75. For a 195 70R 14, it is $57. Both priices taken from Discount Tire website and do not include mounting.

If you actually need a 195 70R 14 size then go back to Tires Plus and verify the price for that size. If you don't get the correct price, go to Discount Tire.

Reply to
Mark A