Your favorite engine oil

So what engine oil do you folks like? I have a 2000 Gr AM (2.4L 4 cyl) and a '92 Chev S10. I use GTX in the GR AM and Havoline 10-40 in the S10 (4.3L 6 cyl). The S10 has 190,000 miles on it and uses NO oil. The GR AM has 83,000 with no oil use. In the S10 I also add RESTORE oil treatment and change the filter with the oil change. Same for the GR AM except for the RESTORE. I like this additive and I may start using it in the GR AM but I'm mildly concerned about using it in a 4 banger.

Opinions?

Thanks.

Reply to
Drumstick

Castrol 10 W 30....because...3 bottles fit snuggly in my trunk storage bin...which is actually the white colored ice tray bins the grocery store sells.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~276,459 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Valvoline 10-30 .. I forget why I'm using it, but I do.

Reply to
clevere

Whatever's available/on sale whatever...

as long as it's the right weight and SPI (or whatever, sorry 15 hr work day brain fart here) # I don;t much care. Oil is oil for the most part...

Wir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)

Reply to
munir

Mobil-1 5W-30

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

You should not frequently swap between brands. They contain different detergents, swapping frequently can help develop problems with seals.

Reply to
98 Camaro

There is only one oil to use AMSOIL

Reply to