Does your Boxster 987 rattle when cold?

:

My 987 has had this rattle since leaving the forecourt last January (2005). Only when cold, at about 2200 rpm. If you've not heard one do this it's loud and a "what the hell's that?" kind of noise

The dealer has been great, investigated it, had a new engine fitted, but it still rattles. Word from Porsche Germany is its the oil pump but its 'not causing a problem'. I'm still waiting for a solution

OK, its just a VERY ANNOYING noise... maybe. But does anyone know when this will be sorted? How many of us are there out there, scaring pedestrians in the morning

Please come forward

-- highflyer

View this thread:

Send from