Porsche 924s / 944 Questions.

I just bough a 1987 Porsche 924s. The main problem with it right now is that when I the car has run for about 3 min. Smokes starts coming from the lower left side (looking at it). I can't make out what it is. What is strange is that it smells like a belt, but you can see a lot of oil on that side of the engine. If anyone could clue me in on this that would be great. Also I have yet to find a good place on the internet to buy parts. Is there a good place out there? Is there a newsgroup for the 924s/944's?

Thanks Adam

Reply to
newsgroupquestions

Rennlist.com is a good source for info..........

Reply to
Jim Keenan

check for oil leak at cam cover (rear). I presume you mean passanger's side?

Reply to
william_b_noble

That is correct. Passenger Side. Thanks for the help.

Adam

Reply to
newsgroupquestions

Great site for info and parts

There are other possibilities for oil leaks on that side, but "nobody"'s suggestion is the best bet.

snipped-for-privacy@YahooDELETETHIS.com wrote:

Reply to
Bubba Zim

Given that it "smells like a belt", perhaps it might be particles of the hood insulation foam falling onto hot parts of the engine. I had this on my 87 as the foam began to disintegrate.

passanger's side?

Reply to
levi