Porsche Turbo for quick sale!

ccc> dude, it was a joke! hence the wink at the end of the line;-) ccc> Every single one of those domain names are available for purchase ccc> from any registrar (for about $30). That was the reason for ccc> posting them there. The point is that Porsche would need to spend ccc> millions more on registering domain names in order to control ccc> every conceivable use of the name.

Right... go right ahead Hotshot, and use away. You've given new meaning to the term "THICK".

Reply to
Jack D. Russell, Sr.

Mr. Russell,

What is your problem? If I choose to disagree with your point of view, so be it! I was simply pointing out that Porsche would need to spend some serious cash to control every variation of the name that they so justly own. You want to see "THICK"? Go look in the mirror. Did you even consider looking up any of the names that I posted? Are you pissed because you misinterpreted my original post and you don't have the guts to say "sorry, I thought you were a spammer and I was wrong"? Huh?

BTW, I cringed (literally) at being called a spammer. That was a first.

Have a fantastic day Sir!

Reply to
cha_cha_cha

Not to defend, but I think he confused one of your replies with the Thick One himself, Herc-u-Thick.

Merely an observation, though I could be wrong. Contrary to popular opinion, I'm not perfect. ;~P

We've established that Porsche does persue those using it's name without consent. Right or wrong, they do. Yes, anyone can create domains that violate trademarks. Those that wish to sell said domains are in the business to make money. These are people like Herc. They care not about any subsequent ramifications. That's your problem. Perhaps they should be a bit more responsible or accountable??? I would think so.

Okay, now I'm really done.

Reply to
The Dead Senator

where? here?

We would like to assure our customers that Porsche AG is not trying to interfere with, or restrict, their freedom of speech. The opposite is true. We greatly appreciate..

Results 1 - 10 of about 58,900 for "porsche club".

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

idiot

Herc

Reply to
|-|erc

You are the only one confused.

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

"Bernard Farquart" wrote in > > >

you've ignored all mentions of fair use so its easy for you to understand.

whatever, ignore a million dollar name see if i care

Herc

Reply to
|-|erc

ccc> Jack D. Russell, Sr. wrote: >> Right... go right ahead Hotshot, and use away. You've given new >> meaning to the term "THICK".

ccc> Mr. Russell,

ccc> What is your problem? If I choose to disagree with your point of ccc> view, so be it! I was simply pointing out that Porsche would need ccc> to spend some serious cash to control every variation of the name ccc> that they so justly own. You want to see "THICK"? Go look in the ccc> mirror. Did you even consider looking up any of the names that I ccc> posted? Are you pissed because you misinterpreted my original ccc> post and you don't have the guts to say "sorry, I thought you were ccc> a spammer and I was wrong"? Huh?

ccc> BTW, I cringed (literally) at being called a spammer. That was a ccc> first.

ccc> Have a fantastic day Sir!

*I'm sorry.* In the heat of the discussion, I didn't even bother to check the headers. I (evidently wrongly) assumed that cha_cha_cha was a sock puppet for ]-[erc. It's hard to imagine anyone that is involved with any of the Porsche communities that isn't aware of Porsche AG's position where it involves any misuse of their name. There is no maybe about it. They can, and do pursue any violation that they're aware of regardless of the costs involved. No, I didn't bother to look up any of the names that you posted. There's no need to. If anyone tries to misuse them, Porsche will stop them. Simple as that. You can disagree with that till the cows come home, but it won't change anything. I plan to "Have a fantastic day ". You do the same.
Reply to
Jack D. Russell, Sr.

TDS> Not to defend, but I think he confused one of your replies with TDS> the Thick One himself, Herc-u-Thick.

TDS> Merely an observation, though I could be wrong. Contrary to TDS> popular opinion, I'm not perfect. ;~P

TDS> We've established that Porsche does persue those using it's name TDS> without consent. Right or wrong, they do. Yes, anyone can create TDS> domains that violate trademarks. Those that wish to sell said TDS> domains are in the business to make money. These are people like TDS> Herc. They care not about any subsequent ramifications. That's TDS> your problem. Perhaps they should be a bit more responsible or TDS> accountable??? I would think so.

TDS> Okay, now I'm really done.

:)

Reply to
Jack D. Russell, Sr.

e> "Bernard Farquart" wrote in > > >

e> you've ignored all mentions of fair use so its easy for you to e> understand.

e> whatever, ignore a million dollar name see if i care

e> Herc

Draw the contracts up saying that *You* will pay all legal fees and penalties arising from my fair use of any of the names that you're selling, sign them and forward them to my attorneys, and I will buy several of them. Or...just leave. Fair nuff?

Reply to
Jack D. Russell, Sr.

What the idiot fails to understand is the word "sanctioned." PCA and many of the Porsche clubs listed are officially sanctioned by Porsche AG. They have permission to use the name in their sites. NO ONE else does. Anyone using the name without the permission of Porsche AG WILL receive letters from attys. for Porsche "requesting" that they cease and desist. Very serious, enthusiast oriented sites have fought and lost the right to use the name. Why would Porsche AG allow the buyer of "porscheturbo.com" to use the name??

THEY WON'T !!!

DS

Reply to
DFS

|-|erc babbled on further:

interfere with, or restrict,

Listen moron, those are all *sanctioned* sites! Porsche *allows* them to exist. You're pretty forking stupid, aren't you? Drum up some

*non*sanctioned sites to prove your point.

Whatever. No wonder no one likes you. I think I'll now make a concerted effort to point the Porsche lawyers in your direction, asshole.

Reply to
The Dead Senator

SALES CONTRACT

I, the seller, Andrew Cooper declare that I will pay all penalties incurred from Porsche AG from use of the domain porscheturbo.com, to the buyer.

In the event Porsche AG requests transfer of the name I will refund the purchase price of $1,000. In accepting this agreement the buyer agrees not to use the name commercially or in a way that exploits Porsche AG, either of which will nullify any further liability of the seller.

AC May 3 2004 Paypal domainsATfindit.com Item : porscheturbo.com domain change dit to dot

Reply to
|-|erc

e> SALES CONTRACT

e> I, the seller, Andrew Cooper declare that I will pay all penalties e> incurred from Porsche AG from use of the domain porscheturbo.com, to e> the buyer.

e> In the event Porsche AG requests transfer of the name I will refund e> the purchase price of $1,000. In accepting this agreement the buyer e> agrees not to use the name commercially or in a way that exploits e> Porsche AG, either of which will nullify any further liability of e> the seller.

e> AC e> May 3 2004 e> Paypal domainsATfindit.com e> Item : porscheturbo.com domain e> change dit to dot

Not even close, and still no cigar.

Reply to
Jack D. Russell, Sr.

"Jack D. Russell, Sr." wrote

dont be afraid no one will spot the matchbox porsche picture you put up there.

Herc

Reply to
|-|erc

If you click on the link it shows E-Loans.com. Since the person is not taking in to account the advice, we should just notify Porsche about the site and let them and the site owner sort it out.

Mike

isn't counterproductive

selling them getting

bought it because

to be... site or not!

Reply to
Mike

I understand, it happens sometimes;-)

It's hard to imagine anyone that is involved

True and the individuals who try to exploit from the name (in my experience) have never even sat in one.

I guess it boils down to who uses the name for exploitation and who is simply trying to abuse it. I'm sure that Porsche would take a look at what the site is doing/offering and make a common sense decision about weather to pursue legal action.

I plan to "Have a fantastic day ". You do the

Thanks!

Reply to
cha_cha_cha