Glove box light for Forester etc.

The glove boxes were _meant_ to have a light in them, but for some unexplained reason, Subaru does not install them, or even list them as an option/accessory.

However, the lamp and switch assembly harness for it is readily available, and the Subaru name and P/N for the assembly is Switch / lamp Harness PN 83081FE000.

(Your local Subaru dealer will probably not stock it.)

It comes with the lamp, switch and harness with power connector.

The hole for the lamp is already in the glove box, and the knockout for the switch is readily recognized, and both lamp and switch will pop right in and look as though they belong there, because they do.

Since the power connector that comes on the harness will have no corresponding connector in your dash, you will need to locate a hot wire to get your power source, which can easily be tapped by using a "vampire" splice.

I can provide photos etc. for the installation if you want.

I can also give you the hot wire source that I used for my Forester, which was right behind the glove box.

Reply to
NoahVale

It's available at

for $15.68! List price is $20.90.

Reply to name above @acm.org.

Reply to
BBB_Forester

The glove box light assembly is cheaper with shipping from snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Ph. 1-800-584-8727

They charge $16.30 for the part, but only $3.00 shipping. (19.30 total)

The box that it comes in is only about the size of a cigarette pack.

Reply to
NoahVale

Reply to
Mike

It's

Click Part Number Lookup at their home page and go from there. Part number is 83081FE000

This is also listed at about the same price at

BBB

Reply to
Howard R. Silverstein

From what I've read I think it's the same pretty much through the whole Subaru line, but it would be worth a phone call. Nmber for

1stsubaruparts is 866-528-5282.

There was an earlier post suggesting a place that offered this with much lower shipping cost.

Reply to
BBB