Smart people buy Priuses

I wonder... In the northeast there are a lot of trains that get their power from overhead wires. I wonder if any of those locomotives also have diesel engines to provide power when the overhead lines aren't available.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

No, you're not being picky, you're just wrong

The diesel is what moves the train. The generator/motor is just the transmission.

Without the diesel the whole electric setup is worth just as much as a gearbox without the engine.

cu .\\arc

Reply to
Marc Gerges