420 SLDT gearbox... update

OK, so I now have a new gearbox which is much better and as a bonus has cured my speedo problem too. The car seems to be revving higher now though and I'm wondering if they have put the correct gearbox in the vehicle with the correct ratios.

Anyone know what revs a 1998 420 SLDT should be doing at a constant 50 or 70 mph? It seems like it needs a sixth gear now....

Cheers

Reply to
Proteus

As a rough guide, as I remember, its around 27mph per 1000rpm in 5th gear. At 3000rpm it should be around 85mph.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard