Rover alloy wheels

Hi

I've got a Rover 400 with alloy wheels... the locking wheel nut is covered by a small metal cover

to get this off you slide a plastic sheaf thingy over the cover and pull...

ah... but if the cover is stuck on, the pressure exerted then breaks the plastic sheath thingy!

does anyone know if the sheath thingy is a Rover part, or a general thing, and where I'd get a replacement from?

TIA

Paul

Reply to
BT Connect

forget the plastic puller, its about as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike, instead by yourself a pair of small long nose pliers and keep it with your spare wheel tools. steve, oxford.

Reply to
someone

Thanks for that Steve

yes, I found an old mole wrench that got the bloomin' thing off in the end

great design, that plastic thing, once on... can't get it off, so you were FORCED to break it to remove it, brilliant!

cheers

Paul

Reply to
BT Connect