Tuning the ZT?

Hi All, Happy New Year!

I have just bought a '51plate ZT 190+ (Woohoo - New toy!!) and I have been wondering what to do to give it a bit more character. I currently have an old 16v 220 coupe which I fitted with an induction kit and scorpion rear box (also had the suspension lowered and stiffened) so I have been thinking about doing the same to the ZT.

I think I have narrowed the options down to;

Pipercross Viper induction kit (£225 from MG-Rover.org) with 50mm Airforce cold air kit (£25) XPower Thruflow rear exhaust (£350)

There are a couple of alternatives for the exhaust such as the Milltek twin-pipe rear silencer and a 6"x4" Oval back section from Motobuild. Does anyone here have any experience of any of these? Any particular one have a power advantage over the others?

I don't want it to sound TOO boy-racer-ish, just have more oomph (Although I do enjoy seeing people turn around when they hear the coup coming!). Is the Viper kit too loud compared to the ordinary replacement Pipercross kit?

I would be interested to hear your comments and if anyone has any other suggestions feel free to pass them over. I have tried uk.rec.cars.mg but there wasn't anyone in.

Thanks,

Ian

PS; The ZT has to be the bargain of the century, I've picked up a 3yr old £22k car for £8k! You can just about get a ZR160 for the same money!

Reply to
Ian Wilson

I've no experience or interest in such mods, but I believe there is a UK newsgroups devoted to those that have (uk.rec.cars.modifications) - might be worth trying there...

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

Why not ask in the forums on

? or the x-powerforums?

PS your PS is right - applies equally to the Rover 75.....

Reply to
Andrew Murray