1992 saab 900s conv 2.1 ac problem

Noticed a hssing noise coming from over by the evaporator. Notice today ac coming out warm. Compressor does not come on at all. I think my freon leaked out. Can it be the evaporator or maybe something else? Thanks for any input

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

Mac Townsend

Well that much is obvious, clearly if it was hissing it was leaking out far too fast for a recharge to even temporarily help. As for the location, if you have the tools to mess with it you can charge it with nitrogen and try to find the leak, otherwise any shop who works on it will be able to track it down easily as part of the job.

Reply to
James Sweet