1993 CSE electical problem

The problem is that windscreen wiper & wash (www) will not disengage unless I remove fuse 7.

However, fuse 7 is for headlight wiper & wash AND horn, something different.

You see the problem. To stop the www running continuously, I remove fuse 7, but then I lose the horn. Now www can be switched as usual!

According to Haynes, www is on fuse 8 and hence separate from fuse 7 circuit, so how come that fuse 7 can energise the www. It just happened one day out of the blue, and I removed fuse 7 to stop the damned www from emptying the reservoir.

Reply to
Johannes

Hey Johannes. Think your problem stems from your headlight wiper motor(s) See this link for what to do about it.

this helps :)

Reply to
Nasty Bob

Thanks a lot. I guessed it was the headlamp wiper and tried to disconnect the wires at the socket; the horn is more important than the headlamp wiper.

It is precisely that, the diode in one of the motors has failed to become bi-directional. Hence it can energize the www.

Unfortunately, the 3 wire socket is fused together after all those years, but I could cut the yellow wire, then simply fit a new diode into the circuit, leaving the old diode in situ.

Reply to
Johannes

I had a similar problem in a c900, caused by a failed headlight wiper motor. Problem solved by unplugging the motor in question. Maybe someday I'll get around to replacing it, but it's hardly a priority.

John

Reply to
John B

probably easier under the bonnet of a c900 than a 9000 CSE, it's just so cramped at the front and the wire plug has seized. I might just snip the wire though.

Reply to
Johannes

Take the grille off and the headlamp out :-)

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith