9-3 convertible wind deflector installation

Merry Christmas. I got the wind deflector for my 2001 9-3 convertible but it's not clear how to install it. The dealer told my wife (the giver) that no install/mounting kit is needed. If he's right (and it wouldn't be the first time he's wrong) then I don't see how to do it.

Anyone have any suggestions so I can enjoy this before tomorrow? :-)

Reply to
P.J. Geraghty

Oh, it dead easy, just look at it and then look at the space where it's supposed to go and it should become obvious.

The two flat metal lips slide under the rear headrests. The rest is pretty evident then - there's two holes on the side panels that take care of the rest.

...pablo

PS: We have a rain front here in CA, so no [open] convertible weather for now...

Reply to
pablo

No holes in evidence, I fear. I'm assuming they should be somewhere near the rear passenger lights on what would be the B pillar in a non-convertible.

Read> Oh, it dead easy, just look at it and then look at the space where it's

Reply to
P.J. Geraghty

Indeed, right there. I wasn't aware the '01 model year was any different.

By the way, tell people to be careful with the seat controls when you have the wind deflector in. It's easy to get the seat into it when people want max room and lean angle. And always mount it off before getting the car to the car wash - the guys there really like to max the seats out rearwards for reasons I never understood, and it can damage the deflector or the mounts.

...pablo

PS: By the way, that was one thoughful Xmas present from your wife [unless she's the one primarily driving the car, of course :-)]. Be good to that woman!

Reply to
pablo