9-3 external temp. sensor

Hi,

A friend has got a 9-3 (he bought it because of me ;-) ). External temperature gauge is faulty :-)

Where is the external air temperature sensor located? (BTW. I don't have a manual for 9-3s).

Also, at the front of the car, in the opening just inside the spoiler, in front of the radiator, there is a little something mounted right in the middle of the car facing the direction of travel. It has two wires connecting it to ??? ... what is it?

Regards Charles

PS. Been looking at a catalogue of SAAB parts but I can't find the external temperature sensor. Does it have some particularly difficult name?

Reply to
Charles C.

Bad form finding an answer to a Q 1 min after posting.

... and then I look at the catalogue again and the part at the spoiler seems to be the sensor I am asking about. P/N 46 16 173

Is it known to go wrong? I believe he has already replaced it as it has been hit by a low flying bird (Grouse).

TIA Charles

Reply to
Charles C.

If it's anything like my '01 one, then WIS shows it in the front valance, below the number plate.

Erm. Sounds like what you're looking for...

WIS seems to call it "temperature sensor, outdoor"

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Hi,

In answer to my question in case someone else benefits, what I described above is the sensor and replacing it for around 8-10GBP cured the wrong readings.

Regards Charles

Reply to
Charles C.