92 9000 won't start, ideas?

I've got a 92 9000 that never ever has had any problem starting.

This morning I took it to a tireshop and they fixed the tires during the day. When I went there to get the car they said that it started when they drove it into the garage, and then didn't start.

I tried to start it, and the starter motor runs, but the engine won't fire up.

I can hear a pump sound when I just turn the ignition on, which I think is the fuel pump working?

I really need ideas on what to check. The car is still in the tire shop...

Are there any basic things I can check before getting it towed away?

Reply to
magnus.ekhall

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com simmade i sina spyor:

Try ubungu!

Reply to
ÐIÇK
ÐIÇK skrev:

ubunge

Reply to
Henry

Henry rapade ljudligt 2006-11-02 21:02:

bidragsunge

Reply to
Analyzer

"ÐIÇK" wrote in news:eidis3$96s$1 @news.datemas.de:

-92 ? Check the distributer.

Reply to
Usenet Rulez

The usual. To start, the engine needs fuel, air and spark. So one of those is missing.

Reply to
johannes

I once had my '95 9000 die on me in a similar way (on a gas station, having just filled 'er up). Turned out to be the fuel pump which, yes, is fully embedded in the fuel tank... Messy.

Other good bets are the DI casette (assuming a '92 has one) - but I do believe that the DI (mostly) dies more gradually.

I assume that you checked any relevant fuse already...

Reply to
Per Laursen

My experience with both a 92 9000 and a 90 900S is that the fuel pump dies suddenly and with no warning, exactly as you describe. Mine were at 130-140k miles.

Reply to
Mike

There is no distributor.

Reply to