94 9000 CSE - getting behind the dash

I need to replace some instrument lights on my 9000.

I believe the 'top' section of the dash lifts off but I've never attempted this.

Any advice ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

As far as i can remember firstly remove the speaker grills screws located on the outside open door for access. underneath them is a screw each side.I think the surround also has to come off. 1 screw between left and right switches (fog lights) covered by a thin plastic strip. Remove switches, ashtray consoul, screw behind there.

Once panel taken off you can see the other retaining screws. I think thats how i did mine.

Reply to
mikenem

Thanks, I shall explore and look for these.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

In addition to removing the speaker grills to expose the screws and bolts holding the dash top in place, there are two screws on the front edge. The first one is near the center of the instrument cluster. The second is behind the SRS label on the passenger side.

Reply to
yaofeng

By the ventilation controls ? How does one get to that ?

In my case the glove box. I can see 2 Torx head screws there above the fuse panel.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

ventilation controls ? How does one get to that ?

You don't get to that. There is no need to do it in order to remove the dash top.

Reply to
yaofeng