900 2-dr

Hi all,

I just returned from a holiday visit to the state of Utah, where I noticed numerous classic 900s-- must be the necessity of driving in snowy mountain weather.

I spotted a couple 4-doors, both NA (like mine) and turbo, and several 2-door hatchbacks. But I also saw something that I've never seen before: a 2-door, non-hatchback. The exact same interior as the 2-door hatch, with the trunk (boot) of a sedan at the back. Exactly how rare are these cars? During what years were they made? The one I saw had the flat front headlights, so it was probably 1986 or earlier. Its badges were missing, but the presence of a rear muffler suggests non-turbo engine.

John

Reply to
John B

Available in europe in from '84 to '90. Turbo and n/a. US only got them a couple of years from '86-88 or so.

Bit like the 5-doors which were discontiued in US in '80 but available in europe right till the end.

Reply to
chris

They brought in a few, one's here in San Rafael, CA. Also a 4 door hatch. Phil Brown

Reply to
Phil Brown