'99 9-5 Radio Fuse?

Recently I had some electrical issues with my 1999 9-5 which resulted in the alternator dying and needing to be replaced. A number of fuses were blown at the same time, presumably by the alternator in its death throes. The battery was ok and did not need replacement.

With all the fuses replaced, everything electrical works in the car with the exception of the audio system (I am uncertain of the exact type, but I'd guess the AS2 from the information provided here:

It will not turn on,and no pixels on the display light up. The SID above the radio worksfine.

The audio fuse in the panel by the drivers side door is intact. Is there another fuse built into the amp or unit that might have been tripped that would affect only the audio system? Any wiring connections that come to mind that are known for fragility, or that might have been disconnected and then not replaced when the alternator was serviced? I doubt I'd be able to part with the hard-earned finances to replace the entire unit if it comes to that, so I'm hoping its something less fatal.

Thanks in advance for any advice, Anders

Reply to
lagrangian

Just an update so it's on record in case anybody else has a similar problem.

In addition to the audio system fuse in the panel near driver's side door, there is a single 5A fuse located on the rear bottom of the radio unit itself. You have to pull the unit out of the center console to find it. This fuse was blown in my case. Replacing it with an intact fuse got the radio working again. This radio is the AS2 unit from a

1999 Saab 9-5 4 cyl.

Anders.

Reply to
lagrangian