a piece of door unlock mechanism is broken

Hi everybody,

I need help with my Saab 9000. I have 2 main problems with my door locks

  1. The power lock goes rock solid in minus degrees it. If it's too cold I can neither open it using the key or from inside trying manually. So I kinda have to get in to the car from the trunk (since there are key holes in the back doors) which is becoming really annoying. And once I get it in I can still not unlock the doors from inside. Which is even worse. How is the right approach to fix this or prevent this happenning?

  1. I was trying and I think pushed a bit more than necessary and now when I use the key on the driver side door it just turns loose. I took aout the door panel and found out that metal tith 2 plastic ends is sticking out inside the mechanism. One side is conencted to the rest of the mechanism that triggers the powered lock/unlock and the otherside is I think connected to the lock. And now the side which is supposed to be connected to the lock has broken metal piece. One side of this metal piece has a small ball shape where it enters the plastic top of metal (with 2 plastic ends) and it's broken right after that ball like piece.

My uestions is, first of all he name of that piece. so I can go and try to find it from somewhere. The second is, can I put that piece back once I find a working one, is it too complicated? (It's pretty cold in Montreal, I don't want to end up with a non working door in the middle of winter) If so how?

Help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

-d

Reply to