aero or not?

just out of interest

what makes an aero an aero?

whats different from a turbo 16 is it the body kit is or is there more power?

anybody?

Reply to
derek huffadine

in article wiPmc.203$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.server.ntli.net, derek huffadine at derek snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote on 07/05/2004 18:07:

Assuming you mean the classic 900, yes! The Aero, SPG or T16S was 175 BHP compared to 160 BHP T16 - certainly in UK markets anyway. Yes, you get the body kit as well.

Annoyingly, Aero has been applied to the top of the range SAAB for a while, so you will find Aero T8s (155 BHP), Aero LPTs (T16 145 BHP) and Aero convertibles!

In various markets, one better than the Aero was the Carlsson (185 BHP on the 900, more on the 9000 IIRC), Ruby (185 BHP 900 *with* cat) and on later models (NG 900?/9-3), the mighty Viggen. All these cars are 4 cylinder turbo models - true SAAB, rather than odd V6s like the Griffin :P

Whoa! The box just got bigger, eh? :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Noop. Exept the engine.

Reply to
Pelle

Yes, seats, Anti-roll bars, lowered suspension, body kit and every extra possible!!! and smiles all the way!!

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

I must agree with you Richard I too have a 1996 9000 aero its Va Va Varooom all the way

Reply to
Steve 9000