Clutch problem

Hi!

I think something is wrong with the clutch of my '85 Saab 900. Sometimes the clutch won't engage properly. Even though I'm pressing down the pedal with severe force, I'm unable to get the car in gear, when set in neutral. I suspect this may have something to do with the hydraulic clutch system used in these Saabs...am I right? What should I do? It's not very fun to be standing in a junction and not be able to get the car into gear.. :-/

regards jens

PS! Could this be of any help perhaps?

had a quick look there, but that did not seem to be the problem.

Reply to
Jens FH

Either the hydraulic system isn't working correctly (the clutch slave isn't being pushed out far enough, possibly because of air in the system) or you have wear in your mechanical linkage as per the link you posted.

Check for play as per DaveN's site, and if there isn't much play then bleed your clutch.

Reply to
Grunff

Well yes...that wear has made the hole completely oval..! So I went to a wrecker's and bought a new tank cap-lid and a new clutch pedal for about 7$. My new pedal is not so worn down, so maybe it will last a couple of years. After chaning it the clutch worked slightly better, but I think I'll bleed the clutch also. Just to be sure..

Reply to
Jens FH