FS: '97 Saab 9000 CDE

Black on beige, 176Kmiles,V6 3.0l engine,AT, A/C,sunroof,all power options, Harmon-Kardon audio,driver's 3 position's memory for seat ,well kept,remote. I have it since 2000. Just changed timing belt. All 3 pulleys was changed 35Kmiles ago. Resonator 1 year ago, catalitic convertor this year,alternator 2 years,spark plugs and valve cover gasket this year,ball joints 1 year, CV boots 1 year,heater core this year, heater blower motor 1 year. AC works well. Driver's seat's heater didn't work and seat is worn on the side from a door.Cracked passeger's headlight,broken driver's fog light. It would need new brake pads soon. Will do safety and emission test or as is. $4k obo (905)404-0340 or snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Toronto area, Canada

Reply to
romick

romick

I suspect demand is not going to be high for your car for the sole reason the 3.0L V6 is almost like a dirty word among 9k owners. The

2.3L inline four is much more popular and durable too.
Reply to
yaofeng

Well.Did you have one?It serves me since 2000 with any turbo,blowing headgaskets,cracked heads problem.If your turbo dies, your Saab is nothing more than FIAT. Cost of timing belt $50+2hours of my labor .

Reply to
romick

Of course not. I don't have one. Wouldn't want one either. I am biased like most of the 9k crowd. All three of my 9k's are 2.3L turbo and 5 speed. I wish you luck.

Reply to
yaofeng
3 of 4 mine 9000 are 2.3l Turbo. One '92 -Cracked head, continuous TSC problems Second '92-turbo died '97 Aero-Needs head gasket.
Reply to
romick

My problems with the 9k is probably longer than yours. But I found in most instances they are due to my own doing, either neglect or mistakes. I am not implying it is in your case too. Currently two of my three 9k's are with a different engine. Actually three of the four

9k's I owned are with a different engine. Still I have not lost faith in the 2,3L engine. The way SAAB milked the mileage out of these two engines (the 2.0L and 2.3L) in the line up is ridiculous. The design is essentially unchanged for almost 20 years.
Reply to
yaofeng