Have Saab reintroduced hatchback yet?

Eeyore (Eeyore ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

No, it didn't. Not back in the early-mid 90s.

Unless, of course, I imagined the Rover 800, Cit XM, Fiat Croma, Ford Granada/Scorpio...

Reply to
Adrian

Eeyore (Eeyore ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

No, it didn't. Not back in the early-mid 90s.

Unless, of course, I imagined the Rover 800, Cit XM, Fiat Croma, Ford Granada/Scorpio...

Reply to
Adrian

And it didn't have in the 1970s or 80s either, given the Rover SD1..

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Out of that motley collection, the 9000 was the only sane choice really, along with the Granada, which I liked too....

Reply to
mike

I'd query that, on the basis of owning and heartily disliking a 9000.

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

What did you dislike ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

s/do/did. I still own the thing.

It rides like a cart and handles like a supermarket trolley. Probably the least satisfactory car to drive that I've owned (and they've included some oddities). Pleasant enough on a motorway at 75mph or so, and the engine's not at all bad for a straight four - and it also makes a good pseudoshed courtesy of the hatch - but rubbish to drive.

Honestly wish I'd done what I'd been originally planning to do and bought a proper 900, which on the basis of the 90s I've driven was a much nicer car.

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Which model is it ? My current 9000 I'm sure has a problem since it's not that quick but I had another 2.0 low pressure turbo (CSE) and it was like a little rocket and great fun.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

2.0 low pressure turbo, automatic, 1996. Like I say, the engine and transmission are decent enough. It pokes along reasonably in a straight line - but it all gets horribly confused on corners and particularly S-bends, and I really don't have an awful lot of time for a car that does that.

Nope. Still don't like it.

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Change the bars, add a set of adjustable Koni's, put on some good tires. That should straighten out those S bends.

Reply to
still just me

Unlikely to improve the truely rotten ride, though (sure, //anything// can be made to handle on a smooth road by nailing the suspension down solid, but it won't do any good around here). I'm not overly worried about lurch through S-bends - I've owned Deux Chevaux and Land-Rovers - but it's the lack of poise of the 9000. But.. wothehell, it was bought as a cheap, disposable shedde and even though it's far more of a dog to drive than I'd dared fear I can live with it, provided it doesn't cost too much money to keep rolling for the next few years. I'll never actually like it, but then in a few years I can treat myself and go squander money on a //nice// car again (as in, light, and the weight in the right places). Just so long as I'm not daft enough to buy a Gilbern...

Like I said, I ought to have bought a proper SAAB, not a big FIAT built by GM..

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen