Headlight wiring diagram

I have a 2004 SAAB 9-3 Linear.
My right low beam head light is out, and I get no voltage to the bulb. I was surprised that the left and right bulbs are on different fuses,
but the other items on the fuse work, so it is not the fuse.
Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram so I know where to start looking next?
--
Stephen B.
Remove the first Spam only to e-mail directly
On 3/9/2011 8:55 PM, Stephen B. wrote:

First the disclaimer: I don't have specific information regarding this year/model, But...
Are you sure there is anything else on that fuse? Every vehicle that I have ever worked on with fused headlights has two things in common:
1. There will be separate fuses for each side, so that if one fuse blows, you don't loose both lights, and
2. There is nothing else on the fuse that might cause it to blow, as the circuit is critical enough that you don't want other non-essential items causing a blown fuse.
--
I'm never going to grow up.

"PeterD" wrote

<Snip>
The owners manual listed Right head light and a left light ( I for get if it was parking turn or something else). I did not check any further than that my other lights were working.
On 3/10/2011 6:05 PM, Stephen B. wrote:

Interesting, and in a way that could be sensible! I'd want to do some more testing before I was 100% sure that is how it is wired, but it may well be that way. (Being an EE, I can tell you that such a wiring setup would be inefficient both requiring more wires, and a more complex switch.)
But, if it is wired that way, the logical place for the fault would be where the splice(s) are, or the headlight switch. You can test the headlight switch easily enough, and with a helper test the wires too. You probably will not find a direct connection between the two lights however, it is likely they are wired through the headlight switch. If I had access to a manual I could probably give you better advice, but my C-900 manual won't relate to your car unfortunately. (sorry.)
--
I'm never going to grow up.

Site Timeline