my first SAAB

Hi, I just traded my 1998 1.6L VW Passat in for a 2001 SAAB 9-3 SE Automatic with 50000km on the clock. I was thinking at first to buy a toyota avensis but after my Passat Toyota was very weak. I have always liked the SAAB image and have heard good things about them so I went to the dealer to have a look. The sales person let me keep the car overnight to familarze myself with it but as soon as i got it out of the car park I new this was for me. I am not so technical with cars but i will be following this news group from now on just in case any good ideas arrise on improvements.

regards, Keith Finland

Reply to
Keith Gatford

I wish you many satisfying kilometres!

Reply to
Zweef®

Keith Gatford skrev i meldingsnyheter:407fc182$0$272$ snipped-for-privacy@read.news.fi.uu.net...

Well, that makes two of us! I bought my first Saab, and first car ever, yesterday! A fine '85 900T...only 194 000 km on the clock ;-D

regards, Jens Norway! (yup, you'll need a Saab to deal with the tough winters here..)

Reply to
Jens FH

Welcome to the SAAB world - strangely enough I'm just putting my 1989 9000

2.3 Auto into semi-retirement (after 8 years ownership with 184,000 Miles on the clock and still sweet as a nut, I can't actually come to terms with parting with it!) as my company are providing a Passat. It looks a good machine but doesn't quite do for me what SAABs do.

I hope you can do your own servicing though as dealership servicing is expensive. I found this news group very helpful for advice and I've only had to call on a garage once in 8 years. Have great fun with your SAAB.

Reply to
Alan Morgan

In article , snipped-for-privacy@luukku.nospam.com spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Welcome aboard.

May the road rise to meet you. You have a long way to go together, but the journey is more important than the destination.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Thanks, every day I like the saab more and more. I look forward going to work in the morning now because I get to drive it. On the over hand, I love going home in the evening because i get to drive it and and I am not on my way to work :-)

Keith

Reply to
Keith Gatford

Yes! I have that same feeling since we bought the 1987 900T8, and it's not even my first SAAB. Amazing what a 16 year old car can do to you.

-------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

Reply to
MH