Orange display 9000 1993

The orange display became darker over a year or so, but now it's totally gone, all of it. Can anything be done?

Reply to
johannes

If it is the EDU display with the clock and at the same time the Temp/MPG/Voltage display below the speedometer the problem is probably due to a faulty phototransistor in the EDU. Look for posts from R. Frist here or at

and you will find some more advice.

Reply to
th

Thanks, but the

forum is now so full that it's impossible to find anything. My saab has an electric analogue clock. The display (when working) can show open doors, faulty lights, check engine, fuel consumption, miles left in tank and charging voltage.

Reply to
johannes

In message , johannes writes

There are (I think) two, perhaps three bulbs at the back of the unit - the dimming could have been one bulb blowing and now the other bulb(s) have gone.

Pull the unit out of the dash and have a look (I'm not sure what sort of bulbs fit it sorry).

See here

and here

for some more information.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Sinclair

Thanks. I also found this drawing in case I need to remove the dash. Not something to look forward to, but I'll see what I can do over the weekend.

johannes

Finally sorted the orange indicator. It was only the middle indicator which contains fuel consumption, info and Check Engine.

I had the car to MOT, the dealer changed a 'bulb relay', not sure where it's placed. But now the orange indicator works normally again. :-)

Reply to
johannes